I received several requests for info on how to make honey roasted nuts at home. So, I’m sharing what I did below.
Making my own honey roasted nuts allowed me to know exactly what was going into the recipe. Pre-roasted nuts have preservatives added and I wasn’t sure about the nutritional value they hold. So I decided to make my own.
The process is pretty simple after I went through it.
I did make some mistakes
In this first batch I used too much honey and forgot to keep some sugar on hand for the final coating. I also had trouble getting the temperature right on the oven. My oven is a large toaster oven. Nevertheless, the nuts tasted great. That’s what people said when they tried it. I doubt they were lying because they asked for more.
2 large tablespoons of honey
2 tablespoons of olive oil
60-100 grams of nuts
½ cup of coconut flour.
How to put it together.
- Pour the honey and olive oil together into one bowl.
- Heat up the bowl of honey and olive oil until the honey is liquified.
- Put your nuts into the bowl of oil and honey.
- Mix thoroughly so that your nuts are coated with the mixture.
- Pre heat your oven between 160-180 degrees Celsius.
- Prepare a flat baking tray with non-stick paper or foil
- Spread the nuts flat out across the tray.
- Put the tray in the oven for 13-15 minutes.
- Check on the nuts after about 10 minutes. You should be able to smell them roasting a little.
- Prepare a dry bowl with coconut flour.
- After the nuts are finished roasting, let them cool for a 2-3 minutes.
- Dump the nuts into the bowl of coconut flour
- Mix the nuts around so they don’t stick together and get coated well.
- Let it cool and place into a container.
Tha’ts it! Pretty simple. Send me pics of your results so I can see how your turn out.